Friday, January 26, 2007

what really is n-o-r-m-a-l?

You know, it really is funny how we all want normal lives and to be normal people....hahaha, how funny :) I had someone once ask, what is normal anyways...when I happened to say I wanted to be that way. And for a moment, I did have to pause & think...hmmm, what is this word really all about? Well the fact is, I have came to the conclusion, that there truly is no such a thing. There is the scale that we measure ourselves & others by according to what we have been taught or conditioned to think, but "at the end of the day" as I so often love to say, who in this crazy world has the book of normal by their bedside?
Then we have the right/wrong scale. Oh boy, what fun that is. I read somewhere once where someone said you could measure if something was "wrong" by if it hurt another person & of course we've all heard the "as long as I ain't hurtin' nobody" spill. After all this analyzing, I figured I don't believe in right or wrong. I believe in simple truth & untruth. Untruths are the things we tell ourselves or do to make us feel a sense of power. Ultimately they don't have any power, so eventually they fall to the wasteside. Truth is eternal, the only thing that lasts. The only thing that with each sunset & rise will be there...even past the sunset & rise. It is the only thing to believe in, the only thing you can't measure...that is too great for any yardstick or our small minds to comprehend. At this point, too many are simply trying to aspire to or reach for..."normal".

No comments: