Thursday, January 25, 2007

balancing fulfillment with survival

We are all given gifts & talents to share & help others. That is our purpose here...to help others. That is what leads to the most fulfillment etc. in life...but what if you are like me & haven't a clue what your gifts and talents are? Or if you do know them...what if you haven't the slightest clue as to how to use them to help others and make a wonderful living at the same time??!! Talk about feeling like hitting a wall.
I know I have many gifts. I've used them to make money. Graphics was what I went to college for & soon after graduation landed a good start in. It helped to provide for me financially & I enjoyed creating ads...but I wouldn't say it was something I jumped out of bed for. Now I currently provide customer service to people thru a few companies...helping people to take care of tasks that come with daily life. I do nothing that many of them couldn't do themselves with the same click of the button or mouse, so to say it's something I jump out of bed to do would be only a few seconds away from a laugh. But I do it to survive and b/c I can do it from home. Even if it's not totally fullfilling or allowing me to roll in the dough...it allows me to be just a little more flexible for my children & save some childcare expense. Which leads me to my greatest talent concerning helping others...motherhood. Unfortunately that talent and giving doesn't seem to have any payoff in the monetary sense...or at least I haven't found that opportunity yet. If anything it seems to deplete the cash flow. But I would say that it is one thing that gets me out of bed in the morning, whether I like it or not, lol.
So thus far I have not been blessed with the gift of living a life of total fulfillment by doing all that I love every second of the day. I have been knocked down to reality enough to realize that I must do some of what I don't love in order to pay the bills. I must still clean & cook even when I don't feel like it...or definitely don't love it! I think I'm accepting the fact that I may not be one of the fortunates that can do what they love for a living...I will simply have to find a balance and make time around what I must do, to throw in the things that I love to do...so I suppose I'm okay with that.

No comments: