Friday, January 26, 2007

breathe of fresh air

Well as I took my oldest out to eat this evening at the nearest Chick-Fil-A, I looked around to see something I had never witness or at least noticed before. Of course I saw many women, hands full with possibly two or three kids at her feet, but I also noticed quite a few dads with their own hands full. And guess what? No moms in sight...TG! You can only imagine what they were doing with their down time...working in another form I'm sure...but I have hopes that one was taking a nice bubble bath somewhere. There's no way that men can touch the generations of women that served as mothers and caregivers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week...or that automatically took the kids to struggle as a single parent because of a deadbeat dad or divorce. But to see dads participating fully in the hardest job on earth gave me much glee & hope. I have been lucky to have very involved fathers in my children's live...never running from the responsibility...far from perfect, but being much better men and fathers than their own were. It definitely gives me hope for a brighter tomorrow...of course then my cum ba ya moment was ruined when a very demanding little girl basically screams at her mother in line that "one ranch just would not do!!" I would've gladly given her a golden ticket for a visit see Willy Wonka.

No comments: